It Was...Fun While it Lasted


I'm going to keep this short and write about my special people out there: 

Iejoma: I really wish I had more time to get to know her. But during the time that I had with her, I've realized how funny and outspoken she is. She's not one to stay quiet when she doesn't like something and that's something that I admire about her. She's also a really good dancer and her performance at Winter Fest was my favorite.

Mariel: HIGHKEY ONE OF THE FUNNIEST PEOPLE I'VE EVER MET. Not only that but she's really cool and I've always admired just how funny and down-to-earth she is and how she can put a smile on just about anyone's face. She's also a really good actress.

Seraphin: Yeah, I'm surprised I'm writing this ( I'm trying to stay away from this dude for the time being because he's supposed to kill me in this assassins game but I'll say a few words). This guy has caused me nothing but headaches since we started this program. Every time I talk to him it's always something: "Nia, why do you look like a farmer?" "You going to ride horses later?" "Why is it called 'Black Ice'?" I can never catch a break with this dude. But at the same time, he's been the first person to tell me when I have something on my face or when I'm doing something wrong. This is going to sound really bad but I've never laughed at, not with, someone so much in my life. The one thing he's taught me in these last 2 years is to laugh at my mistakes. This weird brother-sister relationship we have will be one that will be missed.

Quentin: I know I told him this before but when I first saw him back in 10th grade, I knew I wanted to be his friend. I never talked to him but seeing him interact with others made me feel like he would be a great person to get to know and so far he hasn't let me down. For the past 2 years, he has been one of my main supporters who always has my back and he's very quick to pick me up when I feel down. I've never met another person who was more passionate about anything in my life. He is pretty much the life of any party and if you saw him when he arrived at Winter Bash 30 mins before it ended, you would know that. He always asks the deep, thought-provoking questions that make me think in ways I've never had before. I will truly miss him when this year is over

Josie M.: My kid, my shortbread (only she gets this reference), she is literally my other half. If there was such thing as best-friend-soulmate, then she would be mine. I remember we met freshman year at the softball interest meeting (of course) and we didn't really hit it off until we began workouts and made the JV team. She's seen and comforted me at my worst, hyped me up yet humbled me at my best. At this point in our lives, I'm never embarrassed around her; there's no need to be when she makes me feel comfortable enough to tell her anything. She will always tell me when I'm wrong or what I need to hear in any given situation. She knows me like the back of her hand and I'm glad to know her to the same extent. I'm glad that I've had the chance to watch this girl grow into the person she is today. Through every tear and every laugh she has been there for me and I plan on keeping it that way. 

Kamara: I have no words for how much this guy means to me. I remember my first 2 years of high school, everywhere I went, I saw this dude in the background. I don't want this to sound creepy but it was like he was everywhere. Despite this, I remember, like with Quentin, I wanted to get to know him. It wasn't until late sophomore year that I was introduced to him and he's kept me laughing since. This is my number one supporter and one of the few people who know me better than I know myself. Kamara is always ready to have a good time, and I mean ALWAYS. If you ask him to hang out at midnight on a school night, he'll be right there. He's always quick to help a friend in need and very selfless, a quality that I admire about him. He never gives himself any credit when it comes to his intellect, but he is very smart. Another thing I admire about him is how easily he falls into conversations with just about anyone. He can make you feel like an old friend in just about 5 minutes. He's the most special person in my life and I hope he knows that. The world better look out because this guy is going to do big things.

You: You know who you are. Don't think that because I didn't write about you that I forgot about you. I wish I had the time, space, and energy to write about each an every IB person who I've had the pleasure to meet, grow and laugh with. You all will be missed.

Comments

  1. You know what this blog is pretty lit. You are honestly the best thing anyone could ask for and i know that for a fact. You make everyone around smile. You are cute and caring which in my opinion is the best thing about you. I wish i was as smart as you and i say this because you made it on the board/wall before me. You going to go far in life and I hope that you will remember that we all support you, especially me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, over the past four years we have grown so much it is crazy. I love you so very much and you have made such an amazing impact in my life. I can't find words that truly describe how much you mean to me. I don't ever want to see the day that we are separated. College is coming up and I know we may go our separate ways but no matter where you go my heart follows.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts